Monday, May 12, 2014

Alien Run Mountain Bike Competition - Race Report

Alien Run Mountain Bike Competition
Aztec, NM
May 4, 2014
Meagan Johnson

  On May 4th I raced in my first mountain bike race of the season in Aztec, NM.  It was called the Alien Run Mountain Bike Competition!  I raced in the Sport Category that consisted of a 24 mile one lap loop through the deserts of New Mexico.  It was the first time that I had ever raced in this particular race and wasn't sure what to expect going into this race.  At the start I realized that most of the competitors were in the Pro and Expert Category with about 35 of us in the Sport Category.  

  The race consisted of mostly single track and gas line dirt roads with a lot of sand.  It was a balmy 77 degrees to start but then the clouds rolled over and made the next 20 miles the most pristine riding weather!!!  It was a tough race right out the start as the pace was set and the consistency kept throughout the race.

  For my first race of the season in this type of atmosphere I realized how fast and hard people go up here in the Four Corners Region! I finished the tough loop in 2 hours and 22 minutes and have to give lots of credit to all of the sponsors that helped me get through in STYLE!  Lots of thanks to Serfas, POC, Polar Bottle, Geigerrig, NoTubes, ProGold, Crank Brothers, GU Energy and Yankz!

No comments:

Post a Comment